Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cricut Cardz Challenge # 66

Hello Bloggers!
I wanted to post this since yesterday but my son is keeping me so busy and away from my computer.  Cricut Cardz Challenge posted this week's challenge on Wednesday.  It is to make a thank you card using the colors yellow, blue and white with a border cut from a cricut cartridge.  You are allowed to use any cartridge you want.  This is what I made:
I used a scrappy moms stamp from A Charmed Life, "Sew Thoughtful!"  It was my inspiration for making this card.  I wanted an image that would go with this phrase so I found a sewing machine on Heritage using my Gypsy.  It is such a great tool for finding what you want to cut without having to go through all the handbooks.  I cut the sewing machine from Heritage at 1.75" and it is popped up.  Card base is an A2 sized card (4.25" X 5.5'), the matte is DCWV from the Citrus Stack cut at 4" X 5.25".   The oval is 3.5" from Plantin Schoolbook and I punched one inch circles and glued them behind to make the scalloped border. I learned this trick from Kristina Werner aka Star of May on you tube.  I cut the scallop border on the tall ball function from Plantin Schoolbook as well at 1" which made it 6" in length so I just cut it down to match the matte.  I faux stitched the oval and the border in a blue sakura souffle pen and the sewing machine with a white sakura pen to go with the sewing theme of the stamp.  I also put a dot in each of the scallops bordering the oval.  This is the second card that I made with no stickles!  Next card, I will have to bling it up to even it out, LOL. 

So that's my card.  Thank you for looking!  Have a great and crafty weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Very nice job on your card and I love the sentiment, I just might have to scraplift if you don't mind. Thanks so much for joining CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!

    I am hosting a Linky Party over at my blog! Come check it out :)

    www.craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your card -- it would be so perfect for my Mom who loves to sew! I'm really excited that I have the Heritage cart...thanks for the awesome inspiration! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. What a great way to make a scallop, by punching circles. I'd never heard that before. Thanks for the inspiration and for playing along with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is terrific. I am now following you through Momo. I am also awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award. Please link to my blog and copy and past the award on your site (all the instructions are posted there). Congratulations and keep up the GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is beautiful! So glad Momo sent me, would have missed your amazing work!

    Arlene.
    http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL!!! Momo sent me! Thanks for sharing your crafty-ness!

    Mary
    http://www.pamspaperpassion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Pam,
    Been trying to reach you to let you know you are the winner of the Pink ATG gun on SSPT!! Pleae visit www.sugarsweetpapertreats.blogspot.com for instructions to send me your mailing info!
    Congratulations and thanks for creating with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a great job with the challenge! I love your card. Momo sent me. I am a new follower and I can't wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another sew cute card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete